What is Ayurveda?
The world’s oldest healing science originated in India and has been practiced for more than 5,000 years. The foundation of this knowledge came from the Vedas, divine books of knowledge advocated by the sages.
Ayurveda is a Sanskrit compound word; ayur means life and veda means science, knowledge and wisdom. Consequently, Ayurveda is defined as the science of life, the science of knowledge, the science of wisdom or the science of rejuvenation.
The definition of Ayurveda speaks for a system that creates not only good health. Rather, Ayurveda seeks to maintain perfect harmony or balance within the body, mind and soul.
The focus of Ayurveda is to promote wellness by balancing the body humors (called doshas). Through Ayurveda, we learn how to create harmony or balance with ourselves and with nature. The emphasis is on balancing the body through conscious awareness of proper diet, lifestyle and detoxification.
According to Ayurveda, the knowledge of the body, mind, soul and senses are defined into a sole significant structure. That structure revolves around the elements.
Ayurveda teaches that everything in the cosmos, including human beings, is a “microcosm of the macrocosm.”
“We are not a small star; we contain the entire universe inside of us.”
Ayurvedic Consultation/ Constitutional Evaluation
An educational and constitutional evaluation to determine your body constitution or dosha, detect imbalances that may be causing health problems and recommendations on how to balance or pacify the doshas. Includes acupuncture, chiropractic, healing or massage service.
- Ayurvedic Massage (Udvatanam) - A specialized exfoliating herbal blend applied all over the body and deeply massaged with specific movements. This procedure revitalizes the central nervous system, detoxifies and rejuvenate the body.
- Abhyanga (oil massage) - This amazing full oil treatment has a sense of feeling good. It is given with medicated herbal oils customized to body type. It detoxifies, nourishes and revitalizes the body tissues, improves circulation, immune system and skin complexion.
- Pizhichil - An extravagance therapy with medicated oil or medicated milk poured onto the body in continuous streams. It is extremely soothing and relaxing. It acts as a free radical vulture; detoxifying, toning, strengthening, and deeply rejuvenating all the dhatus (body tissues).
- Shirodarah - A medicated lukewarm oil poured continuously over the forehead. It produce a state of wholeness, connecting with the mind, body and spirit. It allows you to travel very deeply and heal the inner self. It is also use for the management of Bell’s palsy, facial paralysis, nervous disorders, chronic headache, and sinusitis.
- Sweda (steam bath) - A medicated herbal steam bath that opens the pores, flushes and cleanses the system through the skin. The steam stimulates sweating while releasing toxins out of the body. It is very effective after Abhyanga or other body treatment.
- Bastis: Janu, Kati or other - Bathing a specific area of the body in warm medicated oil or herbal decoction; used for management of lower back, chest, knee pain
- Head & Hair Treatment - Scalp is gently massaged with medicated oil to prevent or treat hair loss and premature graying. It relieves tension, stress and fatigue.
- Nasya (Ayurvedic remedy for nasal cleansing and one of the five purification methods in panchakarma therapy) - Application of medicated oil into the nostrils or inhalation of herbal steam to clear excess mucus, stimulate the brain, purify and rejuvenate the mind, senses, tissues and organs in the head and neck. It is useful for allergies and migraine prevention.
- Shirodara/bhasti (head oil treatment) - A medicated lukewarm oil poured continuously over the forehead. It produce a state of wholeness, connecting with the mind, body and spirit. It allows you to travel very deeply and heal the inner self. It is also use for the management of Bell’s palsy, facial paralysis, nervous disorders, chronic headache, and sinusitis.
- Panchakarma (Detoxification and Rejuvenation therapy) - Panchakarma Therapy consisting of multiple sessions of customized cleansing therapy. It promotes elimination of toxins from the body, weight loss, balances and rejuvenates the tissues. Panchakarma helps restore health, preserve longevity, increase immunity and restore vitality. Through Yoga, we will incorporate the five points: Breathing, Relaxation, Vegetarian Diet, Positive Thinking, and Silence. In order to gain maximum health benefit from panchakarma, a minimum of 14 days is suggested.